vROps 6.1 whats new?
What have the guys at VMware added? I have listed what I consider the hi-lights below
- The maximum of 8 nodes has been doubled to 16!
- SSO integration has been added (requires vSphere 6.0)
- Support for SRM has been added
- vRealize Hyperic functionality has been added
With the addition of End Point Operations Management, the value of vRealize Hyperic functionality has been extended to the vRealize Operations Manager core product, without the need to deploy vRealize Hyperic
- Remote collector resiliency
New functionality enables you to assign solutions to collector groups. Collector groups provide high availability access to data collection for the solution.
- Support for IPv6
You can deploy vRealize Operations Manager in Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) environments.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2
However it is still recommended to go with the appliances.
- Dashboard and report enhancements
New functionality enables you to post a dashboard as a report, and post a report to a shared drive.
- Automated workload placement and re-balancing
You now have the ability to re-balance workloads to optimize performance and preserve license optimization.
A new collection of deployment and usage statistics for vRealize Operations Manager has been added, to help improve product usability and performance.
- Upgrade options
Direct upgrade path from 6.0 or migrate 5.8 to 6.0, then upgrade to 6.1
So some really great enhancements in 6.1 however there is one key disappointment for me and that is that HA is still limited to a logical DC. #sadpanda
Release notes from VMware
Images from VMware