I’ve been holding off upgrading my lab to vSphere 6.5 because NSX 6.2.x doesn’t support it. With the release of NSX 6.3 and vSphere 6.5a, I can now upgrade.
The sequence of the upgrade is slightly different to the generic one published by VMware because vSphere 6.5 isn’t supported with NSX 6.2. If follows that I need to upgrade NSX to 6.3 (which supports vSphere 6.0u2) before I can upgrade vSphere to 6.5a.
- Upgrade NSX Manager
- Upgrade NSX Controllers
- Upgrade NSX Host Clusters
- Update VXLAN port
- Upgrade NSX Edges
- Run Migration Assistant on VUM server
- Upgrade Platform Services Controller
- Upgrade vCenter Server Appliance
- Upgrade ESXi Hosts
- Upgrade VM Hardware and Tools