vCAC 6.0 build-out to distributed model – Part 4: Deploying and clustering a secondary vCAC Appliance
This is the fourth article in a series about how to build-out a simple vCAC 6 installation to a distributed model.
By the end of this post we will have deployed a second vCAC Appliance, clustered it with the first appliance and registered the load balanced URL with the Identity Appliance. This will mean logging on to https://vcloud.definit.local/shell-ui-app will be successful.
An overview of the steps required are below:
- Issue and install certificates
- Deploy an external vPostgres appliance and migrate the vCAC database
- Configure load balancing
- Deploy a second vCAC appliance and configure clustering
- Install and configure additional IaaS server
- Deploy vCenter Orchestrator Appliance cluster