Posts in this series
Disclaimer! I am learning NSX-T, part of my learning is to deploy in my lab – if I contradict the official docs then go with the docs!
I’m deploying NSX-T in my lab, but since I already have NSX-v running on the physical hosts I’ve opted to deploy one of my nested pods, which I have scripted for an easy deployment. The pod consists of three virtual ESXi 6.5 hosts and a vCenter Server Appliance, configured with vSAN storage and two NICs per host.
I will follow the deployment plan from the installation document:
- Install NSX Manager.
- Install NSX Controllers.
- Join NSX Controllers with the management plane.
- Initialize the control cluster to create a master controller.
- Join NSX Controllers into a control cluster.
- Join hypervisor hosts with the management plane.
- Install NSX Edges.
- Join NSX Edges with the management plane.
- Create transport zones and transport nodes.