Posts in this series
Disclaimer! I am learning NSX-T, part of my learning is to deploy in my lab – if I contradict the official docs then go with the docs!
Moving on from the first two articles, my NSX-T lab pod is now configured with three ESXi hosts, a vCenter Server, NSX Manager and an NSX Controller cluster
In this post I will walk through manually installing the NSX VIBs on my ESXi hosts.
I will follow the deployment plan from the installation document:
- Install NSX Manager.
- Install NSX Controllers.
- Join NSX Controllers with the management plane.
- Initialize the control cluster to create a master controller.
- Join NSX Controllers into a control cluster.
- Join hypervisor hosts with the management plane.
- Install NSX Edges.
- Join NSX Edges with the management plane.
- Create transport zones and transport nodes.