Upon seeing others in the wider community making a blog post like this as a marker in the sand I thought I would follow suit as a way to see what I have learned and goals I would like to achieve in the coming year. 2017 was a good year and a very busy one at that, I got to see a lot of new places on my work travels and met some really amazing, clever and talented people.
Without listing everything, I am quite happy with my progress this year personally and as an IT Professional, keeping myself up to date with current tech where possible and pushing myself to learn new and varied things.
High-lights in no specific order.
- vExpert 2017
- VMware Specialist – vRealize Operations 6.x
- vROps Webinar Series
- Presenting at and leading VMUG some events.
- Found myself a Mentor whom I highly respect and trust.
- Picking up vRA in a more serious way.
- Keeping up (most of the time) regular blog posts here
- Finally got the chance to read the Phoenix Project
- Attended VMworld (Barcelona)
Moving forward into 2018 I have not yet really set any specific goals or targets. But off of the top of my head the follow items would be on my to-do list including the items I will already being doing.
- Become vExpert 2018
- Obtain 1 or 2 more VCPs in (VCP-NV and VCP-CMA)
- Continue the vROps Webinar series with my good friend Sunny
- Carrying on a in leadership role at the SW UK VMUG
- Continue being mentored
- Present at the Nordic VMUG
- Present at other VMUGs (UK or beyond)
- Develop my vRA knowledge.
- Develop my Powershell/PowerCLI knowledge
- Keep on blogging here regularly
- TOGAF is something I am looking into.
My goal really is to just do better each year, get better at what I do and be a better professional and hopefully a better person as a whole.
So here is to a good 2018 I hope and wish yours will be a good and successful one.