Posts in this series
Disclaimer! I am learning NSX-T, part of my learning is to deploy in my lab – if I contradict the official docs then go with the docs!
Following the previous article, my NSX-T lab pod is now configured with three ESXi hosts, a vCenter Server and the NSX Manager.
In this post I will walk through deploying the NSX Controller and configuring the Control Cluster.
I will follow the deployment plan from the installation document:
- Install NSX Manager.
- Install NSX Controllers.
- Join NSX Controllers with the management plane.
- Initialize the control cluster to create a master controller.
- Join NSX Controllers into a control cluster.
- Join hypervisor hosts with the management plane.
- Install NSX Edges.
- Join NSX Edges with the management plane.
- Create transport zones and transport nodes.
Deploy NSX-T Controller
Deploying the NSX Controller is very similar to deploying the Manager appliance, so although I’ve screenshot the process I’m not going to spell it out. I’ve deployed three Controllers onto the same network as the NSX Manager and vCenter Server.
- pod-200-controller-1 (192.168.200.16)
- pod-200-controller-2 (192.168.200.17)
- pod-200-controller-3 (192.168.200.18)